Hope Stones Unique Handcrafted Jewelry

A person must have 'hope' to keep living. Do you know what happens when you find your passion? "everything" happens =) Now You Can Be Reminded of the Gift of Hope Each Time You Wear Our Charming Custom Jewelry. =) May wearing a piece of Hope Stone Jewelry lighten your heart and brighten the day!! Thank you for your support.http://www.etsy.com/shop/hopestones

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Colleens Cancer Story

HER FAMILY WAS WITH HER!

Colleens Cancer Story
3 year cancer survivor
On January 29, 2007, I got the news that no one wants to hear: You have cancer. As many can attest to, I was sick, angry, scared, devastated, and the list goes on. Mine is colon cancer.
After surgery that took eight inches of my lower colon, I thought everything was behind me, and I walked proudly and emotionally in my first Relay For Life in June 2007 during the Survivors Lap. My family was with me and presented me with roses as I finished that lap. It was a wonderful feeling of pride and excitement about what this diagnosis DID NOT take from me.
In February 2008, I went for my one-year follow-up colonoscopy, expecting that I would graduate to less frequent colonoscopies. Unfortunately, my worst fears were confirmed when I heard the word 'recurrence'.
Although I was not able to participate in Relay last year because I was undergoing chemotherapy, I will proudly walk the Survivors Lap at Relay For Life this year! Relay For Life is a great way for all of us to recognize that cancer does not have to stop our lives. It’s just a battle that can be won... one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Etsy

Breast Cancer Bracelets

Breast Cancer Bracelets
Breast Cancer Bracelets