Hope Stones Unique Handcrafted Jewelry

A person must have 'hope' to keep living. Do you know what happens when you find your passion? "everything" happens =) Now You Can Be Reminded of the Gift of Hope Each Time You Wear Our Charming Custom Jewelry. =) May wearing a piece of Hope Stone Jewelry lighten your heart and brighten the day!! Thank you for your support.http://www.etsy.com/shop/hopestones

Friday, June 17, 2011

My Father: A Critical Thinker With a Loving Touch

It was the still the 60s, and our household challenged the norms: my mother commuted to work Monday through Friday, while my father stayed home. All through elementary school, my father would say goodbye to us at the door, always with the same admonition: Don’t believe everything they tell you.
He was serious.  Very serious.  My sister and I excelled in school and generally followed rules, so it was one of those warnings we didn’t quite know what to do with. But in the end, for better or worse, those words, and the man they came from, shaped who I am.  Now when a friend tells me something surprising, I find myself asking, usually politely (though not always, I concede), how she knows it’s true.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Etsy

Breast Cancer Bracelets

Breast Cancer Bracelets
Breast Cancer Bracelets