Hope Stones Unique Handcrafted Jewelry

A person must have 'hope' to keep living. Do you know what happens when you find your passion? "everything" happens =) Now You Can Be Reminded of the Gift of Hope Each Time You Wear Our Charming Custom Jewelry. =) May wearing a piece of Hope Stone Jewelry lighten your heart and brighten the day!! Thank you for your support.http://www.etsy.com/shop/hopestones

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Matts Cancer Story

My story begins in late fall of 2010 with a nagging cough. A cough that I attributed to a seasonal allergy or an inconvenient virus. The cough had continued for nearly 2 months without much concern until one morning I began coughing up blood. After six long days of doctors, hospitalization, tests, and biopsies, I received the call. I was officially diagnosed with Stage IIIb non-small cell lung cancer. Since I was a non-smoker and have always lived a healthy and fit lifestyle, it was a complete shock to me and my family. Without treatments I was given 8 months to live. With treatments, I was faced with a 5 year survival rate of 5-10%. As strong as we thought we were, my wife and I had never been faced with something like this. You never really appreciate how blessed you are with family, friends, and accomplishments until the day you realize that it can all be taken away from you. I love life, I love my life, and I had never before realized how much I have to live for.
Hearing the Lance Armstrong story several years prior to my diagnosis had always inspired me and now, more than ever, I needed that inspiration. Knowing that Lance was faced with advanced cancer and was not only able to beat it, but went on to win the Tour de France a record 7 consecutive times provided me with the positive energy and focus necessary to win my fight.
Today, my cancer is in remission and I am thankful to be given a second chance. Cancer may leave your body, but it never leaves your life. I am committed to survivorship using physical fitness, nutrition, and a low stress lifestyle to develop and maintain a super-charged immune system. I am also committed to helping others living with cancer by sharing my story with the newly diagnosed and providing help and support as a LIVESTRONG Leader. Unity is Strength, Knowledge is Power, Attitude is Everything!

My name is Matt Ellefson and I’m an 11 month cancer survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Etsy

Breast Cancer Bracelets

Breast Cancer Bracelets
Breast Cancer Bracelets